Monday 16 December 2019

Activity 3: Scalling New Heights [6 points] | Summer Learning Journey



LI: To write about a charity. 

Today I completed the last activtiy for day 1 of the summer learning journey. For this activity we had to chose a charity and write a short description of what they do. I chose OXFAM. OXFAM is a charity that helps countries that suffer from poverty get fresh water and other supplies. Today I completed the last activtiy for day 1 of the summer learning journey. For this activity we had to chose a charity and write a short description of what they do. I chose OXFAM. OXFAM is a charity that helps countries that suffer from poverty get fresh water and other supplies. 

3 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Fau,
    I really enjoyed reading your blurb and observing what you have completed for the Summer Learning Journey. I like the information on your DLO. Did you find anything hard to do for the activity? It is very sad that people do take advantage of how much water they have. I also have completed this activity!

    Keep up the great effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Fau ,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters for the Kaikohekohe cluster for the Summer Learning Journey. I have heard some great things about the students at Panmure Bridge School so I thought I would jump on and check out some blog posts.

    You have done a great job creating an informative DLO about Oxfam. Oxfam does an amazing job helping people in developing countries live free from poverty, including helping them have access to food and clean water. I know that living in New Zealand I sometimes forget how lucky I am. I come home to a warm house that has power and access to clean water. I was reading on the Oxfam website that 2.2 billion people do not have access to clean water at home. Oxfam is working on reducing that number though by building wells in communities that need it most.

    As it is the holiday period many of the Summer Learning Journey team are currently away from work and are spending some time with their friends and family. This means that you would get many encouraging comments over this time. We want you to keep blogging and we will comment on as many of your posts as we can when everyone is back at work!

    Keep the blogging up!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fau,
    I liked how you said that OXFAM is a global movement of people helping those who need clean water, food and clothes. I found it interesting that you said people in richer countries often take the water they have for granted. Would you join OXFAM?

    ReplyDelete