Wednesday 19 December 2018

Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]

LI: To solve a math's equation.

This activity this week for the summer learning journey is to try solve a math's equation based on ml and water. I found out that cactus in Africa only needs 3ml of water each day to survive. I had to try figure out how many ml will it be after one whole year of 3ml of water each day.

How I solved my equation -

First you find out how many days are in a year which is 365. Then you need to multiply it by 3. 3 x 365 = 1095, and there is your answer.

I really enjoyed this activity as it helps me improve on my math's.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Fau,

    Tino pai for figuring out how much water a cactus needs over the span of a whole year! What strategy did you use to figure it out? It is a massive number to try and work out! Do you own a cactus? I do and I try and water it once a week, because it I try and water it once a day I would give it far too much water!

    Blog ya later!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete