Wednesday 26 December 2018

Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge [4 points]

LI: To write down 3 people you will choose to be your support crew if you were in the Great Taupo Race.

Every year approximately 7500 people arrive in Taupo, New Zealand to compete in a one-day cycling race around Lake Taupo. The race route is 160 km in length. Participants can choose to compete in the full race or the half-race (80 km). Let’s imagine that you were given a free ticket to compete in the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge next year and you were able to bring three people with you as your ‘support crew.’ Who would you bring with you?

For my support crew I will choose;

My sister Fui: I would choose my sister because she is really supportive in everything I do and even though I loose she will still be happy for me and also because she it really good at sports and is sports leader for school.

My Mum: I will choose my mum because she gives me really good advice and she is super supportive in everything I do and she helps me get better and better.

My Dad: I will choose my Dad because he encourages me to the point I have the confidence to do something and he helps me improve and supports me in anyway.

So that is my three people I chose for my support crew for this activity.




1 comment:

  1. Hey there Fau, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. It's great to see that you are working hard during your break. I hope you keep it up throughout the summer!

    Wow, it sounds like you have an amazing family who are incredibly caring and supportive. You must feel so lucky!

    I love the way you have included specific reasons for why you have included each of your family members in your support team.

    A little bit of confidence can go a long way. It would be so helpful seeing your family's faces along the track. It would motivate you to keep going and push through until the end. Cycling is such an endurance sport, it's so different from rugby or soccer.

    Do you like to play any other sports?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete