Thursday 17 December 2020

SLJ Week 1 Activity 6 | What are you doing today?

 LI: To practise the Maori pronounciation for "what are you doing today?".


I have completed the 6th activity for the Summer Learning Journey. This includes the Kick Start and Step it Up challenges. The main purpose of this activity was to help people understand the Maori Language and how to pronounce it. For this activity we learnt how to say "what are you doing today?" in Maori. 

On the DLO we listened to a voice recording of someone saying "what are you doing today?" in Maori. After hearing the voice recording we had to sort out each word in Maori to create the sentence. It was very easy to get tricked or not hear something properly and make a mistake so we had to listen closely. In Maori "what are you doing today?" translates to - "Kei te aha koe I tenei ra?". In the DLO it also teaches us abit of dialouge, after asking "what are you doing today?", there is another voice recording saying "I am going to ...." and give the different options in Maori. 

Befor doing this activity I knew how to speak Te reo Maori but I just learnt how to say "what are you doing today?". This was a fun activity, I learnt something new and since Maori is not my first language this was fun. 




6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Fau

    Ben here from the SLJ commenting team.

    Great work on your te reo Māori activity!

    Looking back at the create section on the activity, it also includes another component under create - to draw a picture of you and your whānau doing the activity you chose in slide five. It would be awesome if you could complete this part too, so I can give you some points!

    Here is an example of a cool drawing that Kayla has done: check out slide seven to have a look.

    Keep up the good mahi e hoa!

    Mā te wā,
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog, sorry for the late reply. I have just checked out Kayla's blog and have made the changes for the Maori Activity. Also, thank you for the feedback! After making changes I have checked all my activities to see if I have done it correctly.

      Hope to see more comments from you and your team!

      Fau

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Fau

      Could you please share your videos so that
      ‘Anyone on the internet with this link can view’, so everyone can see it on your blog. What a shame it would be to have us all deprived of seeing your hard work :D.

      I’m so thankful for you coming back to these activities and giving them another go. He toki koe! You’re amazing! I’ve flagged this post as outstanding so that it will receive extra points.

      Mā te wā e hoa!
      Ben

      Delete
    3. Hi Benjamin!

      I will change the viewage rights right away. Thank you for giving me extra points, I am very glad you found my work oustanding! Thank you for the compliments.

      Looking forward to more comments! :)
      Fau

      Delete
  2. Greetings Fau,

    Great job for completing sixth Summer Learning Journey Task. You were an active blogger and have made quality posts! I also liked that you have added a well explained blurb as you have added points like "what you did" and your opinions as well. Same as you, I have completed this task and I found it interesting because I came to know new vocabulary words after completing this activity. Did you know this topic before completing the task? Did you use the internet or Maori dictionary for help?

    Keep up the great work through out the Summer Learning Journey.
    I am looking forward to talk to you through the comments.
    -Sakshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sakshi!

      I am really happy you are commenting on my blog! Before doing this topi, I knew a few Maori from lessons we have at Panmure Bridge School. We learn different words, numbers, songs and more. I used the Maori dictionary to assist me on this activity. Did you know anything about this topic?

      Looking forward to more of your comments!
      Fau

      Delete