Monday 4 May 2020

Haiku | Challenge 1

LI: To create your own Haiky poem usng the following topics: rain, mountains, trees, ocean, summer, winter, and sun.

Today I have completed another poetry challenge. I worked independantly for this challenge. For this challenge I created 3 of my own haiku poems. The topics I chose was Rain, Summer and Winter. A haiku poem is a tradition Japanese poem that consists 17 syllables and 3 lines. The first line includes 5 syllables, the second line includes 7 syllables and the third line includes 5 syllables again. To help me understand how to create a haiku I used my past knowledge in creating a haiku. In the DLO below it shows my haiku poems I have created.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Fau
    I really enjoyed your haiku poems. It is raining quite a lot today so I especially enjoyed your Summer poem as I can imagine the warm sun. I do love Winter as well and your description of winter and rain are spot on.

    Mrs Millward

    ReplyDelete