Thursday 28 May 2020

Ancestors Poem | Writing


LI: To write a poem to describe ancestors by using the literary devices of alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphor, simile and rhyme. 




This week the students of LS2 have created poems using literary devices as in figurative language and more. The poem we wrote was based on our ancestors and our culture. I am a tongan female. My poem shares my identity and my taonga in the sentences written. Writing this poem really connected me to my family history and my ancestors. Being a tongan female, I have linked myself with my family village and my culture. I am proud of my heritage. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Fau. I am a facilitator in Mt Roskill. I love this poem. It has given me a great insight into your culture. I'm also a huge fan of poetry as a way of being creative and telling a story. I'm trying to organise a poetry competition in my cluster. Do you have any expert tips for students having a go at writing their own poems?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Fau. I am a teacher in Waitara, Taranaki. I have been inpsired by your poem, thank you for sharing with us. I especially love the description of your coat from your mother and spear from your father. You should defintely be proud of who you are and your heritage.

    ReplyDelete