Saturday 5 January 2019

Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don’t Stink! [4 points]

Every day a chemical compound called carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced and released into the air.  If it isn’t removed, it can become toxic for humans. Fortunately, there are a number of places where CO2 is absorbed (removed from the air). Two of the most common places are forests and oceans. They are called ‘carbon sinks’ because, like a sink, they gather, clean and drain things away that we don’t want. One of the largest carbon sinks in New Zealand is a forest in the south-western part of the South Island. It drains away 60% of our unwanted carbon!
Let’s imagine that you could design a sink that could gather up and then drain away any foods that you don’t like. On your blog, tell us what you would put in your special sink. If it was me, I would put rice pudding, brussel sprouts, custard, parsnips, and seafood chowder in the sink. Yuck! What about you? Food I would put In my sink Asparagus Beetroot Egg Plant Fish Carrots

6 comments:

  1. Hey Fau!
    I really like your choice of foods to put down your draining sink. How long did it take to finish this activity. I think you should work on putting what week you are on, so that your readers can keep track of your week.
    Keep up the great work! - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fau! Great work on joining in for this Holidays Summer Learning Journey programme. What a different choice of food you listed. I haven't tried a few of the things you wrote including Eggplant mainly. What does it taste like? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Fau,

    Great work on your blog! I'm really enjoying going through it all. Not a fan of fish huh? Neither am I to be honest, sometimes I try a bit, but it's just too fishy.
    Something I'd definitely throw down there is fatty meat.

    If there could be an opposite sink, where only good things came out, what would be the first thing you'd want to see?

    Keep it up Fau, really impressed!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fau!,
    It's great that you participated in the SLJ programme. It's good that you've added a image. I would also put beetroot in the sink, because I don't really like beetroot. Is there anything that you like from your list?
    Fantastic Work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Fau,
    I have decided to comment on your blog again. Most of those foods are gross but 1 or 2 isn't really for me. I love strawberries and bananas because they taste really nice.

    Keep it up Fau,
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Fau,

    You are probably fimiliar with me now. But My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School. I am also taking part in the SLJ.

    First of all congratulations on the amazing post, It's good to see you posting.

    Most of the food you have listed I would put down my drain/Sink

    Don't you like Veggies?
    I know for a fact I do, But not all veggies I like.

    If you had to eat one thing on your list what would it be?

    Anyways keep up the good work.

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete