Wednesday 22 April 2020

The Maori Pioneer Battalion | Reading



LI: To create a DLO showing your perspective whether you agree or disagree about remembering the Maori Pioneer Battalion.

For this DLO I had worked independantly to complete this. On this DLO is shows my opionon/perspective on the Maori Pioneer Battalion, and whether we should remember them or not and why. The Maori Pioneer Battalion were a group of native Maori's who served in the first world war ( WW1). They had left their families in New Zealand to go off and fight in the war, not every Maori man agreed but most did. Some men disagreed on fighting beside the Pakeha as they have attacked their tipuna and taken land but the men who did join the war create positive relationships with the Pakeha and they fought side by side proudly. My answer to the question was a yes, I think we should remember the Maori Pioneer Battalion as they fought hard and were very brave and courageous for knowing that their is a risk that they won't return home.

2 comments:

  1. Malo Lele Fau
    Your DlO is amazing it hooked me into reading what your blog post is about. Next time you should write what you did and what you learned so the readers know what you learned and what you did.

    What did you learn?


    Amazing Work Fau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fau!

    Great work on this, I really learned something new! I didn't know that there was a Maori Pioneer Battalion that fought even on the western front! I have been really interested in WW1 during this lockdown and reading some books about it. I think we should remember their sacrifices too. Thank you very much for making this and informing us!

    ReplyDelete