Tuesday 14 April 2020

Leaf Art/Craft | Home Learning

Today I have completed another challenge set out for us. For this challenge we had to create an animal using leaves we found outside. As I went outside I found 3 long leaves in my front yard. Using scissors I cut them into making shapes of the animal I was going to create. The animal I chose was a fish. Fish are aquatic animals. Here are come 3 interesting facts about fish:
1 - Fish have gills that extract oxygen from the water around them.
2 - Fish are vertebrate animals that live in the water. Vertebrate means they have a spinal cord surrounded by bone or cartilage.
3 -Relative to their body size, fish have small brains compared to most other animals. 
BONUS FACT - Although jellyfish and crayfish have the word ‘fish’ in their name, they aren’t actually fish.



4 comments:

  1. Malo Lele Fau
    Wow those a really interesting facts. I like how you explained in your blurb what you did with the scissors. You have taught me something new with those facts. The fact I really like and that is really interesting was the bonus fact.

    Did you find these facts on the internet?

    Great job Fau!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liletina!
      Thank you for your response. Yes I did find these facts online using a site called Science Kids.

      Delete
  2. Hi Fau
    Your leaf art looks great. Using only 3 leaves was clever and I like how you explained how you made them into a fish. It is interesting that jellyfish and crayfish aren’t, actually fish but fish is in their name.
    What made you decide to make a fish?
    Good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Linda!
      Thank you for your response. I chose a fish because it sounded like an easy animal to create out of the leaves and for sure had some interesting facts about itself.

      Delete