Tuesday 20 August 2019

Speech Competition 2019 | Micaela & Mele

LI: To choose a favourite speech or poem finalists.

This week we had our first annual Speech/Poem Competitions for 2019. There were 12 lucky contestants ( including me)  from year 1 to year 8. The yr 1 to 3 had done a recital ( aka poem ). To judge the contestants was a special guest who came all the way from Tamaki College, Mr Stevenson.

 My favourite poem out of the juniors ( yr 1 - 3 ) was my sister, Micaela. Her poem was called
"Humpty Dumpty". I chose her because she had just started the school this year and for a 5 year old she was pretty confident and spoke very loud. I was very proud of her for coming 3rd out of all the juniors who had been chosen.

For the seniors we had done speeches. My favourites contestant out of the seniors was Mele, her speech was about the Ihumatao protesting and why we should support them because what if that happened to you. Mele had done a great job and added a lot of emphasis and gravitas with her speech. Mele had came 1st place out of the year 7 to 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment