Friday 27 October 2017

Recount Writing

          Badminton


“YASS!’’ as I heard that we were doing a new Kiwi Sport session and it was called Badminton. Badminton is when you use a Racket and a Shuttle.


Group A went to our first session of Badminton. As we walked into the school hall to do our first session of Badminton we sat down in front of Kevin and greeted him. “YAS!’’ as I said when Kevin was telling us we were going to play stuck in the mud for a warm up. Kevins ways of playing stuck in the mud is slightly different. When someone is out they stand like a star fish but instead of going under them to make them free we need to clap our hand in between their legs and tap their hand.


Then we had to get a racket and a shuttle. Kevin was showing us the things we were not allowed to do with the racket like we were not allowed to use the racket as a toy, a guitar, and to play sword fighting.Then he was showing us our For grip and Back Grip. We had to hold the racket on the hand we write with. We first had to practise using the racket and the shuttle until we got used to using it.



Then we had to practice using the racket and the shuttle.Kevin put a challenge for us, our challenge was to hit the shuttle with the racket 10 or more times. For me it was hard. My high score was either 8 or 9. My goal was to get 15 but sadly I failed. Kevin made it look pretty easy because he was good at Badminton. Some people got 10 or more. Then we had to keep on practicing using the racket.

Kevin made us challenge ourselves to see if we could do trick shots using the racket. So we needed to hit the shuttle then hit it at the back of your back. We still needed to see if anyone could get 10 or more. I found this very hard because I could only do about 3 or 2 of those. Our other trickshot was we had to hit the shuttle with the racket in between our legs and see if we could do 10 or more.

After that Kevin told us to challenge each other and see if we can hit the shuttle lots of times if the shuttle fell to the floor we need to bob down and the last one remaining was the winner. We did 2 rounds and the three people who stood lat was remaining as the 3 finalists. They were Lukah, Matthew, and someone else. They were all competing each other to see if one of them were going to be standing last. They were all focusing on the shuttle but sadly two lost and the one who remained standing was Matthew! He won out of the three people competing.


At last we were almost finish with Badminton and before we were finish Kevin was reminding us what was the things you do on do with the rack and we needed to answer him.

Finally we were finished with badminton for the day and before we left the school hall we thanked Kevin and then headed off back the LS1.


LI:To revise recount writing.I think I did better in writing this then my Production writing because this has more detail then my production writing and that I did this in 40 minutes which I thought I couldn't do but I managed. I think I need to work on Punctuation. My Score I thought I was, was 28 which was higher then an average Year 4 score.

No comments:

Post a Comment