Tuesday 18 August 2020

Cybersmart | The importance of a relevant image connecting to the text

L.I To create an DLO showing why we add pictures that connects to the text/Information.

 

This week for cybersmart Liletina and I created a DLO explaining why adding an image that relates to the text is important. We showcased 2 examples 1 correct and 1 wrong. For a more interactive DLO we created a voice record recording why we think adding relevant images matching the text is important. As an example for a topic we used science, the examples were:

Correct - Using an image of a proper science measuring bottle. 

Wrong -  Using an image of a regular cooking measuring cup. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Fau
    Your DLO was interesting to read and I really like the comparison you made regarding the type of cup used in the image and why this could be confusing to the reader. You also highlighted how a good example gives the reader a much clearer picture of what the topic is about. I like how you created the images yourselves and added the voice recording to explain your thinking.
    Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Linda!

      Thank you for commenting on my blog today. It is nice to know that you have given me a good result about me and Liletina's cybersmart DLO.

      Thanks,
      Fau

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Fau, I noticed that you also used original drawings for your examples versus Googling an image, great to see original content being used to represent the key idea you are communicating.
    Also your sound bite is helpful as it adds more detail to your explanation and helps your audience connect with why it is important to select relevant images.

    Could I share a link to your blog post on the Manaiakalani Cybersmart site as an example please?

    Thank you,
    Mrs Grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Grant!

      Thank you for recognizing my work and also taking time to comment on my blog! I would love it to become an example on the Manaiakalani Cybersmart website.

      Thank you,
      Fau

      Delete
    2. Malo Fau, This will be helpful for others.

      I have added your recommendation and a link to your blog post on our Cybersmart site.

      Thank you again,
      Mrs Grant

      Delete