Thursday 4 June 2020

Cityscape of Sydney | Art

LI: To write a description of your cityscape using prepositions.


In my cityscape it shows my creation of the reflection and silhouette of Sydney. You should see a big arc on the right end of the artwork. The most prominent shape shows the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge. Did you know, it took 1,400 men eight years to build the bridge at a cost of 1.5 billion Australian dollars and 16 lives lost?  On the other side of the artwork shows the tallest observation tower in the southern hemisphere, the Sydney Tower. My art also shows a blend of cool colours. The colours reflect the background and the type of time it is during the day. To blend the colours I used chalk pastels, I used the colours dark purple and dark blue creating a gradient color. I also added black to my colors to darken the tone. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fau!
    I really liked to read your blog post today! The cityscape is looking very attractive and the colors blending in the background with the help of soft pastels make it more beautiful. The description written with the help of prepositions make it clear and descriptive. I liked the way you are using prepositions as a medium to describe your cityscape. Did you know about prepositions before doing this activity? Next time try to write a little more about the colors and the important words which were told. I am looking forward to read your other blogs.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fau
    I really like you cityscape and enjoyed reading your blurb about Sydney, very interesting fact about the Sydney harbor bridge, I really like the colors that you've done for you background. The Prepositions that you've added to your description and makes it more descriptive. Next time i think you should write a little more about your blending and the background you created.

    ReplyDelete